Monday, February 28, 2011

Simply Hair.

I know it's silly to write a blog about something as futile as a simple haircut. But I couldn't help myself..

Last Thursday morning, I drove my salon with a plan in mind.

Just a trim, nothing more...

For months now, maybe even over a year, I have been trying to grow my hair out, cutting it only minimal amounts to trim off the frayed ends.

Each time I feel like finally my hair has grown; it seems it’s time for a trim, and all the progress gets cut away.

This never ending cycle of long hair has begun to get on my last nerve. 

I sat there in the chair staring at my hair, and the scissors chopping away at it ever so carefully as not to cut more than needed off. 

I thought for a moment and considered a drastic change. 

Maybe that’s just what I needed. It’s been a good run with this whole long hair thing, but what’s the point?

"It's almost summer", I thought.

I sat in the chair a while longer, contemplating the surprised look on Jared's face as he walked through the door to my hair just barely brushing the tips of my shoulders.

He’s never really expressed he didn't like short hair..

After much (probably too much) thought I realized, I’ve waited for too long to just chop it all off on a whim.

So I finally decided against such a dramatic change.

THIS TIME.

Instead I got bangs.


And for now, that's enough change for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment