Thursday, March 10, 2011

All Growed Up


With Spring Break just around the corner, the magnitude of being an adult has finally hit me. As children we often dream about being a grown up and having a job as a designer or doctor. What we didn’t realize then, is these magnificent jobs don’t come with a Spring Break. It’s a year round obligation. 

Although I am neither a designer nor doctor, I have a real job that offers no breaks. In fact, it’s sometimes difficult to even get a day off. However, I managed to do just that. I usually work on Saturday night but in anticipation of the upcoming break from school, I have the night off! I don’t remember the last time Jared and I were able to go out on a date on a Saturday night. The reality of it is though; we will probably spend the night watching movies on the couch. And to be honest, that’s alright with me.

For typical college students, Spring Break is a time for party goers, to venture to warm beaches and unwind under a hot sun.  This week long recess during the semester is known to relieve students of the cabin fever they may have acquired during the previous months of studies.

As for this year, my Spring Break will be spent much like every other week. But who knows what’s in store for next year. I’m thinking a cruise.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment