Sunday, April 10, 2011

Fat Saturday

Saturday was a milestone for Jared and me.. Six whole months together. We started the day off with a healthy bike ride that, due to the cold weather, ended too soon. We got home and decided to treat ourselves to an anniversary lunch. Right away we agreed on BJ's. How could I turn down an opportunity to enjoy their delicious gluten free pizza? It's probably the best thing I've ever had in my life... Maybe..


Now, I'll tell you why we call this day Fat Saturday.

Jared too, ordered a pizza- we both ate out entire pizzas! It was so yummy I didn't even realize I'd eaten the whole thing when suddenly, I noticed my plate was empty and I felt like there was a brick in my stomach.

To finish the night off we went to the temple with Jared's family. It is always such perfection- I don't know how else to describe the feeling. I enjoy the temple more every time we go. I am so filled with the spirit, it's such a remarkable feeling.

Then to top off our Fat Saturday, when Jared's parents suggested dinner we said "yes", despite our guts still full of pizza.

I can't imagine a more perfect end to the night then spending it with my adorable niece and nephew and my in-laws (I really do think I have the best in-laws a girl could ask for).

We arrived at Black Bear Diner around nine o'clock. Just in time to finish Fat Saturday. I wanted something small since I wasn't very hungry, so I ordered an omelet. Jared, on the other hand, was suddenly overcome with hunger and ordered the Bearpaw size (for those of you who have never indulged in Black Bear Diner, 'Bearpaw' means large). 

Our food arrived quickly, and I soon found out the 'small meal' I thought I'd ordered was huge. I only made it through half my omelet. Jared ate his entire Chicken-Fried-Steak. It was so much food, it probably would have been enough for the entire family. We strolled out of there around ten with Natalie awake as ever enthralled with the bubbles on the jukebox and Doug like a sack of potatoes, sleeping over his Dads shoulder.


I couldn't ask for a more perfect Saturday.... Fat Saturday, that is..

1 comment: